- Plug the Smart Chime into a wall socket
- Turn on the Smart Doorbell
- Keep them fairly close together for the best result
- Press and hold the small button on the side of the Smart Chime for ~5 seconds until you hear a sound
- Immediately press the main button on the front of the Smart Doorbell when you hear the sound of the Smart Chime
You should now hear both the Hombli Smart chime and the Smart Doorbell ring when you press the main button of the Smart Doorbell. If this is not the case, please repeat the process.
If your router is broadcasting wifi in 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time, it is still possible to add Hombli devices to your wifi.
As you probably know our devices will only connect to 2.4GHz, and it will try to connect to the frequency your phone is connected to at the time of pairing. If you are close to the router, the 5GHz signal is probably stronger, so your phone will likely connect to that frequency, and will try to add the Hombli device to the same frequency causing the connection between your router and the Hombli device to fail. Possible solutions are:
1. Splitting the frequencies in your router.
By giving the wifi networks your router creates different names, e.g.: “Home wifi 2.4GHz”, and “Home wifi 5GHz”
This can likely be set up in your router, although this is not the case for all routers. Check your router settings, or the manual for the router if this is an option for you.
2. Disabling 5GHz in your router settings.
If there is no 5GHz network, your phone cannot connect to it.
3. Disabling connections to 5GHz in your phone settings.
Some phones have the option to only connect to 2.4GHz networks. That way you are also sure to connect to the right type of network for Hombli devices. After pairing your Hombli device, you can turn this option off again in your phone, so your phone can connect to 5GHz networks again. Check your phone settings, or the manual for your phone if this is an option for you
4. Connecting to your router on your phone, while being further away from your router
This might sound like a bit of Dark Magic, but it might be the simplest option, no changing of any options required! The difference between 2.4GHz and 5Ghz is that 5Ghz is stronger closer to the router, but 2.4GHz has a further reach. So if you stand further away from your router, your phone will be more likely to choose the 2.4Ghz network.
To summarize: please make sure your phone is connected to your router via a 2.4GHz frequency, before adding a Hombli device.
We hope this helps to explain it clearly for you, but please let us know if any questions remain!
Yes! The Hombli Smart Doorbell 2 works with the Google Nest Hub. This is pre-activated so you can enjoy this feature straight out of the box.
The built-in battery can last up to 4 months on a single charge, depending on the usage. This is based on approximately 10 triggers per day with 10-13 seconds of video. If there are fewer events the battery can last much longer up to approximately 6 months.
The Smart Doorbell 2 has been improved in many aspects compared to the Smart Doorbell 1. Find out what’s changed:
- 25% Faster Response time
- 25% Better signal strength
- 40% Larger battery
- 125% higher video bitrate
- Improved image sensor and video quality
- Option for wired installation
- Including corner mount
- Increased motion detection sensitivity
- Anti-theft alarm
- Adjustable volume
- New and Improved bracket
- Including extended manual
The Hombli Smart Doorbell 2 can be reset with the reset button on the backside of the device. See the image below where you can find this button
Press and hold the reset button for five seconds and the doorbell will reset itself. When the indicator light will flicker red light you can add the doorbell again to the Hombli App.
Please follow the steps below to make the SD card visible in the settings:
- Format the card in a desktop computer to FAT32.
- Reboot the doorbell with an SD card present.
- Force close the app.
- Restart the app.
Note: SD cards up to 128GB are supported.
This feature is not possible, since it would require too much power to continuously record, even if the doorbell is connected to the mains. Traditional doorbell cables do not supply enough power for this to be viable.
This is the anti-theft alarm which goes off if the Smart Doorbell 2 is moved. Once the doorbell is secured to your doorpost, it will only go off if someone tries to remove the doorbell.
Our complete Google Home setup guide walks you through the entire process of linking Hombli with a Google Home speaker.
Yes! With a Hombli Cloud Storage subscription, you can view event recordings from the past 7 days in the Hombli app. You can add a subscription to your device directly in the app. Subscriptions start at just €3.49 per month!
Learn more about Hombli Cloud Storage
In some cases, it is useful to share the Device ID of your Hombli device with our customer support. This unique code makes it easier for us to solve certain issues and allows us to manually activate Google Home and Amazon Alexa services for Smart Doorbells and Smart Cameras.
Follow the steps below to find your Device ID:
1.Select the desired device from the list of connected devices in the Hombli app:
2.Press the pencil or three dots in the top right corner to access the device settings.
3.Select “Device Info” from the menu.
4.Here, among other things, the Device ID is stated. Note: options and images may vary per device and version of the app.
5. Share your Device ID with us by filling in this contact form.
At the moment this is not yet possible. We are developing this feature and hope to add it as soon as possible to the Hombli app with an update.
Yes, your privacy is our top priority. The video footages are therefore only visible through the Hombli app, when the memory card is in the doorbell. It is not possible to view the footage from the memory card on a computer. It is possible to export images to the internal storage of your phone and those images can of course freely be shared with other devices.
If the doorbell is stolen, the thief can’t do anything with it. The doorbell is linked (in the cloud) to the person who added the device to the Hombli app. When someone resets the doorbell and attempts to add the device to the Hombli app a notification will appear that the doorbell is already linked and must first be disconnected by the original owner.
The thief can contact us and request to disconnect the product from the original owner, but in this case we have his contacts and if necessary we can take steps to return the Smart Doorbell to the original owner.
To prevent the doorbell from being misused in case of theft, the doorbell stays always connected to the users account.
A new user cannot connect a new user account. If the device was previously connected to a different account that you don’t have access to, you must remove it first from the Hombli app, before it can be added again. If the doorbell was not previously added to your account, you can tap the link to request to disconnect the device.
There are two ways to make a connection between a Hombli device and your home network:
- Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
- Tap in the Hombli app on the green plus symbol to add a device
- Choose at the top of the screen for manually add, this is selected by default
- Choose the Hombli Smart Doorbell in the category “cameras”
- Tap on continue when the doorbell repeatedly flashes as shown on the screen.
- If the doorbell does not flash as shown in the screen, press on “help” for instructions to reset the doorbell
2. Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported
- Turn on your Bluetooth
- Turn on the location services of your phone and give the Hombli app access to your location.
- Tap the green plus symbol in the Hombli app to add a device.
- Select the top of the screen for an auto scan. The Hombli app will search all available devices and add
It is currently not yet possible to set specific areas to record, but we are constantly improving the Hombli app with new features. It is possible to set the motion detection sensitivity on: Off, Low, Medium and High.
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support