Watch in this video how you can install the Hombli Smart Indoor Camera.
There are two ways to make a connection between a Hombli device and your home network:
- Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
- Tap in the Hombli app on the green plus symbol to add a device
- Choose at the top of the screen for manually add, this is selected by default
- Choose your type of camera in the category “cameras”
- Tap on continue when the camera repeatedly flashes as shown on the screen.
- If the camera does not flash as shown in the screen, press on “help” for instructions to reset the camera
2. Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported
- Turn on your Bluetooth
- Turn on the location services of your phone and give the Hombli app access to your location.
- Tap the green plus symbol in the Hombli app to add a device.
- Select the top of the screen for an Auto scan. The Hombli app will search all available devices and add them
The Hombli Smart Indoor Camera can be reset by pressing the reset button
Press the reset button for five seconds and the camera will reset itself. When the indicator light will flicker red light you can add the camera again to the Hombli App.
To prevent the canera from being misused in case of theft, the camera stays always connected to the users account.
A new user cannot connect a new user account. If the device was previously connected to a different account that you don’t have access to, you must remove it first from the Hombli app, before it can be added again. If the doorbell was not previously added to your account, you can tap the link to request to disconnect the device.
It is currently not yet possible to set specific areas to record, but we are constantly improving the Hombli app with new features. It is possible to set the motion detection sensitivity on: Off, Low, Medium and High.
If the camera is stolen, the thief can’t do anything with it. The camera is linked (in the cloud) to the person who added the device to the Hombli app. When someone resets the camera and attempts to add the device to the Hombli app a notification will appear that the camera is already linked and must first be disconnected by the original owner.
The thief can contact us and request to disconnect the product from the original owner, but in this case we have his contacts and if necessary we can take steps to return the Smart Indoor Camera to the original owner.
Yes, your privacy is our top priority. The video footages are therefore only visible through the Hombli app, when the memory card is in the camera. It is not possible to view the footage from the memory card on a computer. It is possible to export images to the internal storage of your phone and those images can of course freely be shared with other devices.
This is highly dependent on the network in which the camera and the phone are connected to. The better the signal to the WiFi router, the faster the image appears on the phone.
To stream video footage from the Smart Indoor Camera to third party services from Google or Amazon, you need to share your device ID with us to gain access to this service. This way we can manually setup this feature for your device.
Click here for instructions on finding your Device ID.
Yes! With a Hombli Cloud Storage subscription, you can view event recordings from the past 7 days in the Hombli app. You can add a subscription to your device directly in the app. Subscriptions start at just €3.49 per month!
Learn more about Hombli Cloud Storage
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support