Watch in this video how you can install the Hombli Smart Bulb.
There are two ways to make a connection between a Hombli Smart Bulb/Spot and your home network:
- Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
- Tap in the Hombli app on the green plus symbol to add a device
- Choose at the top of the screen for manually add, this is selected by default
- Choose the Hombli smart lights in the category “lighting”
- Tap on continue when the Hombli Smart Bulb/Spot repeatedly flashes as shown on the screen.
- If the Hombli Smart Bulb/Spot does not flash as shown in the screen, press on “help” for instructions to reset the bulb
2. Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported
- Turn on your Bluetooth
- Turn on the location services of your phone and give the Hombli app access to your location.
- Tap the green plus symbol in the Hombli app to add a device.
- Select the top of the screen for an auto scan. The Hombli app will search all available devices and add
This depends on the type of dimmer, in general, the older dimmers cannot handle smart light. If you have already installed an older dimmer, you can still use your Hombli smart light by setting the dimmer to the maximum intensity. The dimming of the light can be fully controlled after installation with the Hombli app, or if you use Alexa or Google Home, for example, with voice control.
Yes. You can turn on and off your Hombli smart bulb with a wall switch, just like you do with traditional lighting. If you do so, the smart bulb always turns back on/off, even if you had it turned on/off in the app. The time schedules and color settings are retained even if the wall switch is off.
Ensure that your router and your Hombli smart lighting are not too distant from each other. If the WiFi signal is not strong enough at the location of the Hombli smart light, the connection can sometimes drop. The best solution is to change the location of the router or to place WiFi extenders between the router and the lighting.
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support