We are looking to expand our team with a Supply Chain & Operations manager who is capable to support our fast-growing business.
Who are we
Avanca International is a scale up company based in The Hague, The Netherlands and already 15+ years active in the development, marketing, and distribution of consumer electronics, usually under the umbrella brands of the company, Sinji, Avanca, Hombli. Additionally, we also develop dedicated private label brands for our clients. Read more >
Coach and support the Supply Chain & Operations team (see org. chart attached) in their daily operation and personal development. Ensure the various back-office processes (as below) to seamlessly integrate into one another.
Purchasing (coaching the purchaser)
- Contact & negotiate with different suppliers for quotations and product catalog
- Communicate terms before purchase order (lead time, quantity, price)
- Calculate approximate cost price based on purchase price and logistic data
- Ensure to receive all the important materials from supplier side (i.e. die cut, manual, spec sheet, silk print template, certificates etc.)
- Overlook purchase order process (in Exact/ERP system) incl. correct purchase price and financial (Finance dept.) payment process
- Supervise the daily communication process between Product (& design) mgt. team and the supplier side in China
- Making sure Product mgt. approves any changes/customizations, provided by supplier, whilst confirming the packaging file, manual, silk print, stickers, shipping marks (and others)
- Confirmation of all samples before mass production with Product mgt. team (incl. lead-time, specs, landed cost price, shipping)
- Plan for third-party QC ahead the production being finished, create a list of requirements for the QC company
- Arranging balance payment with Finance dept. and share the bank slip with supplier side for export release
Logistics (owner of below job spec)
- Contact forwarding partners for monthly rates and shipping schedule. Inform the supplier (one or more) about schedule and ask them to prepare for a booking
- Boat ship: coordinate the communication regarding Loading Date, ETD and ETA of the container to the Netherlands
- Air freight: ask supplier to share PL and booking for the Air Shipping with one of the logistic partners (i.e. Allport, SMS Logistics, or their own forwarder – DHL Express, TNT, FedEx etc.)
- Inform Warehouse in advance about the arrival and exact amount of products (incl. SKUs and PO numbers in Exact)
- Ensure Warehouse to books in the correct products on the correct PO numbers
- Communicate with the Warehouse team regarding the incoming products
- Check together with Warehouse manager how the products need to be booked in Exact (assist if required)
- Communicate with Sales and/or Distribution mgt. regarding arrival days, (especially) when products are delayed and in back orders
Order Management (managing order processing team)
- Processing orders; getting PO/orders from various sources (back-end, customer portals, e-mails) and converting these into a standard format
- Shipping labels: generating shipping labels based on parcel size, customer demands and value of the product.
- Administration/Record keeping: creating sales orders in booking software (Exact/ERP), output is then forwarded to warehouse combined with the above.
- Communication: keeping customers informed on the status/ETA of their orders, accepting sales orders via mail (B2B).
- Problem solving: when problems arise with missing items, backorders, wrong deliveries, incorrect administration of PO`s.
- Booking B2B Shipments: booking pallets/colli`s for EU/International transport, arranging necessary shipping documents.
- Managing stock: when ordered products are out of stock, managing the stock level on different sales platforms. Avoiding more backorders.
- Accountable for the automation integrations necessary, towards future growth
- Chairing the supply chain meeting. Supervising the overall warehouse functions.
Internal Sales support (owner of below job spec)
- Prepare weekly Stock update/overview for the Sales team (-s)
- Key contact for Distribution & Retail partners regarding listing of new products and availability of existing products
- Fill in “Product Set Up Sheet” files, provided by Distribution partners in order to share information regarding new products
- Communicate any occurring problems (i.e. quality) with the product range and/or stock availability and allocation challenges.
- Own sales-out info (from Retail partners) input process into Power BI
- Provide regular Retailer sales-out reports to Sales and Sr. mgt. (frequency tbd)
- Plan regular/weekly Sales & Supply Chain meetings to discuss stock positions, sales forecasting and re-order
- Assist Sales in stock allocation vs. open PO & Backorders
Who are you
- 2-5 years’ experience in similar role
- Relevant educational background
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with good organizational and time-management skills
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment (self-Initiative/self-starter)
- Dutch and English proficiency
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player, positive energy
- Competitive salary package
- Being part of a scale-up/growth brand with a strong entrepreneurial and self-starting work environment
- Opportunity for personal growth as the organization expands
- Great and spacious office environment overlooking the Hague
Are you our new Supply Chain manager? Send your CV and motivation letter now to [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible.
There will be no response to acquisition as a result of this vacancy.