For our growing team, we at Avanca International are looking for a Purchasing Manager to help us source new products, have daily contact with our suppliers, help plan the purchasing process and be responsible for logistical arrangements from China to the Netherlands.
Who are we
Avanca International is a scale up company based in The Hague, The Netherlands and already 15+ years active in the development, marketing, and distribution of consumer electronics, usually under the umbrella brands of the company, Sinji, Avanca, Hombli. Additionally, we also develop dedicated private label brands for our clients. Read more >
As Purchasing Manager, you will work with the marketing and sales department, order planning, supply chain department and our warehouse staff. In addition, you communicate daily with our suppliers in China and logistics partners. You are responsible for an optimal procurement strategy and you ensure that every step goes according to plan. Organizing, communicating and recording data in our systems are the core of the job. You have an eye for detail, you can switch quickly and you always keep an overview of various complex logistics processes. You are not put off by a large number of products and a diversity of suppliers and customers.
- You are responsible for planning and monitoring order quantities and inventory, logistics arrangements;
- You are in close contact with various suppliers in China about new innovative products coming onto the market;
- Furthermore, you place orders and maintain close contact with suppliers about samples, delivery times and production statuses;
- An important part of your daily work is monitoring and managing imports from China, including setting up consolidations, preparations for customs clearance and monitoring incoming containers;
- You will ensure that payment for incoming products is arranged by the finance department and that the sales team and warehouse team are aware of incoming products;
- You will also assist in creating and maintaining the Product Overview (production status, inventory positions, sales results).
- A challenging full-time job (40 hours);
- An organization that is growing, constantly moving and working to be a distinctive positive in the mobile accessories market. The already initiated growth and direction offer hectic, but also the opportunity to constantly look for new opportunities;
- An open and informal atmosphere with room for humor;
- A nice team of young colleagues in an environment where you can learn a lot and really develop yourself.
Who are you
- You have an affinity with commercial and logistical processes;
- You preferably have experience with (Asia) purchasing of electronics
- You are structured and precise. You communicate well.
- You learn quickly and are good with numbers;
- Minimum HBO working and thinking level;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in sales, purchasing or logistics;
- Administrative, organizational and coordinating qualities;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
Please send your motivation with CV to Tim Haaksma at t[email protected]. For more information about the position and our organization, please call 0174 700 20