Freezing temperatures can damage the Smart Water controller, so it’s advised to disconnect and remove the Water Controller during the winter.
With the Hombli app you can easily create schedules for your Smart Water Controller and control it remotely. You can always open and close the tap without using the app by using the physical button on the Water Controller.
The Smart Water Controller has two options: Schedule or Smart Scenarios.
You can set a schedule by following these steps:
- Set a start time for the watering schedule
- Set the duration of the schedule
- Select the repeat days
- Choose between Continuous to run water continuously or Pulse to run water with short breaks to give the soil time to absorb and to save water
If you want to connect the Smart Water Controller to other Hombli devices, or want to set scenarios based on specific conditions, you can set up a Smart Scenario. For example, you can cancel all automatic programs for 3 days after rain. To learn more about Smart Scenarios, you can find our blog article here.
The Smart Water Controller runs on 4 AA batteries. These can be added in the compartment at the bottom of the Smart Water Controller.
1. Connect the Smart Gateway to the app
Follow the steps below to connect the Smart Water Controller to the Hombli app and your Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Hombli App
- Create an account and log in
- Create a family
- Add a new product
- Select the Smart Gateway from the Outdoor category.
- Select your home Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Continue to the next screen. The Smart Gateway will stop flashing to confirm it has been paired and is ready for use.
2. Pair the Smart Water Controller
- Select the Smart Water Controller in the Hombli app and press the button to add a new device
- Right after installing the Gateway a pairing screen will automatically open. Press the button to add the Smart Water Controller
- Insert 4xAA batteries, and the LED on the Smart Water Controller starts flashing rapidly
Note: Is the LED not flashing rapidly? Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
- Start searching for devices. Please hold the Smart Water Controller close to the Smart Gateway for the best result.
If you want to reset the Smart Water Controller, you can follow the steps below:
- Remove the batteries from the Smart Water Controller
- While holding the main button, insert the batteries again
- The indicator will light up red to indicate it has restored factory settings
- The Smart Water Controller can now be connected to a (new) Smart Gateway
This device is compatible with 1” (33.3mm) and 3/4” (36.5mm) threads. Working pressure is up to 9 bar.
The Smart Water Controller is created with outdoor use in mind. The controller is IP54 waterproof (splash-proof and resistant to dust).
Check if your router/modem and your Hombli Smart Gateway are not too far apart. Also make sure the Smart Water Controller and the Gateway are not too far away from each other.
If the WiFi signal is not strong enough at the location of the Smart Gateway, the connection can drop. The best solution is to change the location of the router/modem or to place WiFi extenders between the router/modem and the gateway.
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support