Our Amazon Alexa setup guide walks you through the entire process of linking the Hombli Skill.
Our Alexa speaker video tutorial walks you through the entire installation process of the Amazon Echo Dot. In this video, we also explain how you can link Hombli with Alexa.
Our complete Google Home setup guide walks you through the entire installation process of the Google Home Hub speaker. We also explain how you can link Hombli with Google Home.
Our complete Google Home setup guide walks you through the entire process of linking Hombli with a Google Home speaker.
If you have an iPhone with iOS 12 or later, you can ask Siri to control any Hombli device for you. This is possible by adding a Shortcut you have created in the Hombli app to “Siri Shortcuts”. This handy feature let you voice control your Hombli devices without needing the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
For example, use voice command: “Hey Siri, turn on the lights” to let Siri run the shortcut “Turn on my Hombli Smart Bulb”.
We use the previous example about the Hombli Smart Bulb to explain how you can add a shortcut to Siri. Of course, many other voice commands for other Hombli devices are possible as well.
- Open the Hombli app, go to Scenario and tap “Add to Siri” in the bottom right corner to add a shortcut to Siri.
- Select the shortcut you want to control with Siri.
- Add a custom phrase that you want to say to Siri to run the shortcut. In our example we set the phrase to “Turn on the Lights” but other phrases are also possible. Other examples: “Turn on my Hombli Smart Bulb” and “Turn on the living room lights” etc.
- Tap “Add to Siri” to finish the setup.
- Try out your new voice command by saying the phrase to Siri.
In some cases, it is useful to share the Device ID of your Hombli device with our customer support. This unique code makes it easier for us to solve certain issues and allows us to manually activate Google Home and Amazon Alexa services for Smart Doorbells and Smart Cameras.
Follow the steps below to find your Device ID:
1.Select the desired device from the list of connected devices in the Hombli app:
2.Press the pencil or three dots in the top right corner to access the device settings.
3.Select “Device Info” from the menu.
4.Here, among other things, the Device ID is stated. Note: options and images may vary per device and version of the app.
5. Share your Device ID with us by filling in this contact form.
IFTTT allows you to connect devices and apps from different brands with each other. Follow these steps to set up IFTTT for your Hombli devices *.
- Open the IFTTT app on your smartphone.
- Search for “Smart Life” in the services tab.
- Choose a Smart Life-applet you want to add.
- Swipe to connect the applet.
- Log in with your Hombli account and tap “Authorize” to connect to IFTTT.
- You can now build automation through IFTTT.
* View the settings of your Hombli device to see if IFTTT is supported for your device.
Follow these steps to enable voice control through Amazon Alexa with the Hombli Skill.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your device.
- Open the menu and tap “Skills & Games”.
- Tap the search icon in the top right corner.
- Search for the Hombli skill.
- Tap “Enable to use” to start pairing
- Log in with your Hombli account and tap “Authorize” to connect to Amazon Alexa
- Check if the Hombli skill has been successfully added and close the window.
- You can now choose the devices you want to control with Amazon Alexa.
Follow these steps to activate the Hombli Action for voice control through Google Assistant
- Open the Google Assistant app on your device and tap on the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Go to the “Assistant” tab and tap “Home Control”.
- Tap the “+” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Search for the Hombli Action.
- Log in with your Hombli account and tap “Authorize” to connect the Google Assistant.
- In the Home Control menu, you will see the devices available for voice control through the Google Assistant.
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support