The Hombli Smart LED Strip has arrows to indicate safe spots to cut the cord.
Check if the distance between your router and your Hombli smart lighting isn’t too far away. If the WiFi signal is not strong enough at the location of the Hombli smart light, the connection can sometimes drop. The best solution is to change the location of the router or to place WiFi extenders between the router and the lighting.
Yes! The button on the control module for the Hombli Smart LED Strip will turn on the strip, without having to use the app.
This depends on the type of dimmer, in general, the older dimmers cannot handle smart light. If you have already installed an older dimmer, you can still use your Hombli Smart LED Strip by leaving the dimmer completely open. The dimming of the light can be fully controlled after installation via the Hombli app, or if you use Alexa or Google Home, for example, via speech.
There are two ways to make a connection between a Hombli Smart LED Strip and your home network:
- Auto Scan
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported.
- Tap in the Hombli app on the green plus symbol to add a device
- Choose at the top of the screen for “add manually”, this is selected by default
- Choose the Hombli Smart LED Strip in the category “lighting”
- Tap on continue when the Hombli Smart LED Strip repeatedly flashes as shown on the screen.
- If the Hombli Smart LED Strip does not flash as shown in the screen, press on “help” for instructions to reset the strip
- Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network. 5GHz Wi-Fi networks are not supported
- Turn on your Bluetooth
- Turn on the location services of your phone and give the Hombli app access to your location.
- Tap the green plus symbol in the Hombli app to add a device.
- Select the top of the screen for an auto scan. The Hombli app will search all available devices and add the Smart LED Strip
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support