Because the Smart Sensors operate on batteries, a WiFi connection would drain the battery too quickly. The Bluetooth Low Energy consumes almost no energy, because of this the battery of the sensor can last up to one year. To be able to see the status of the device from anywhere on your phone, the sensor needs to be connected to the internet via the Bluetooth bridge.
No, our current Smart Sensors are built with indoor use in mind only.
No, unfortunately Google has not developed a way (yet) to use sensors to automate other devices. In the Hombli app however, it is possible to create advanced automations based on the state of the sensors. It is also possible to use Google Assistant to turn devices on and off when you use smart scenarios in the Hombli app.
- Make sure the battery still has charge and the sensor is connected to the bridge.
- Make sure that the correct side of the sensor points to the magnet. The correct side of the sensor and the magnet are marked with a little point. The maximum gap between the sensor and the magnet is 15mm.
Follow these steps to change the battery of your Smart Contact Sensor:
One 3V/CR2 (1/2AA) battery.
One year under normal use.
Follow these steps to change the notification settings for your Smart Sensor:
- Go to the specific Smart Sensor in the Hombli app.
- Select settings.
- Toggle the notification options ‘on’ or ‘off’.
Follow these steps to automate other devices with your Smart Sensors:
- Go to the specific sensor you want to use for automation.
- Click on Scenarios.
- Click on the + icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on add action.
- Select activate device.
- Select your device.
- Select function and choose the specific function of the device you want to automate.
- Click next.
- (optional) Select ‘Effective period’ to only use this scenario on specific days or in specific time range.
- Enter name to name the scenario you are creating.
- Click on save to activate the scenario.
In total 32 Bluetooth devices can be connected to one Bluetooth Bridge. This amount can be increased by adding another bridge. In total Bluetooth support 128 devices on a single network.
Follow these steps to successfully connect a Smart Sensor to the Hombli Bluetooth Bridge:
1. Add the Bluetooth Bridge first and check if it is connected.
2a. Remove the plastic battery and check if the blue led is blinking quickly.
2b. If the blue LED is not blinking, hold the button on the Smart Sensor for 5 seconds until the LED starts blinking.
3. Open the Bluetooth bridge in the Hombli app.
4. Tap “Search” to search for new devices.
5. Follow the instructions in the app to add the Smart Sensor.
It is possible to connect directly with the Smart Sensors using the Bluetooth functionality of your smartphone. However, keep in mind the Smart Sensors will be disconnected when you are too far away from the sensor. To properly use the Smart Sensors to automate and secure your house you need a Bluetooth Bridge that ensures a connection.
Didn’t find an answer here? Please contact Customer Support