Getting Started With The Hombli App
Use these steps to get started with the Hombli app.
- Download and install the Hombli app for iOS or Android.
- Open the Hombli app, and tap the ‘Register’ button or log in with an existing account.
- Fill in your email address and tap the button to obtain a verification code, which will be sent to your email address.
- Check your email and fill in the verification code. You will automatically continue to the next screen.
- Choose a safe password and tap the continue button to complete the registration.
- Go to ‘Account’ and tap ‘Family Management’ to set up your smart home. Enter a name for your smart home and select which rooms you want to add.
- Tap ‘Done’ to finish the setup.
How To Add A Device
Follow these steps to add a Hombli smart device to the Hombli app.
- Power on your Hombli device. The indicator lamp of the device will start flashing.
- Open the Hombli app and tap ‘+’ to select the device you like to add.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to your wireless network*.
- Follow the instructions of the app, these can differ depending on the circumstances*.
- Wait for the device to connect to the app.
- You can now add the device to a designated room, and rename the device. Tap the green button to finish the setup.
- You can now control your Hombli smart device with the app.
*Hombli products can only operates on a 2.4GHz network frequency. If the indicator from your device is not blinking, please press the ‘Help’ button in the app and follow the instructions to reset the device.
Connect to smart services
How To Connect The Google Assistant
Connect Hombli to the Google Assistant or Google Home for hands-free voice control. Follow these steps or watch this video to set up.
- Open the Google Assistant app on your device and tap the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Go to the ‘Assistant’ tab and tap ‘Home Control’.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon in the bottom right corner.
- Search for the Hombli service.
- Log in with your Hombli account and tap ‘Authorize’ to connect with the Google Assistant.
- In the home control menu, you can now see the devices that are available for voice control through the Google Assistant.
How To Connect Amazon Alexa
Connect Hombli to Amazon Alexa for hands-free voice control. Follow these steps or watch this video to set up.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your device.
- Open the menu and tap ‘Skills & Games’.
- Tap the search icon in the top right corner.
- Search for the Hombli Skill.
- Tap ‘Enable to Use’ to start linking
- Log in with your Hombli account and tap ‘Authorize’ to connect with Amazon Alexa
- Notice that the Hombli Skill has been successfully linked and close the window.
- You can now choose the devices you’d like to voice control with Amazon Alexa.
How To Connect Siri Shortcuts
Connect Hombli scenarios to Siri Shortcuts for hands-free voice control with Siri. Follow these steps to set up.
- Open the Hombli app, go to Scenario and tap “Add to Siri” in the bottom right corner to add a shortcut to Siri.
- Select the shortcut you want to control with Siri.
- Add a custom phrase that you want to say to Siri to run the shortcut. In our example we set the phrase to “Turn on the Lights” but other phrases are also possible. Other examples: “Turn on my Hombli Smart Bulb” and “Turn on the living room lights” etc.
- Tap “Add to Siri” to finish the setup.
- Try out your new voice command by saying the phrase to Siri.