For our growing team, we at Avanca International are looking for a Purchasing assistant & logistics coordinator to help us search for new products, maintain daily contact with our suppliers, help plan the purchasing process and be responsible for logistics arrangements from China to the Netherlands.
What you will do
Avanca International is a scale up company based in The Hague, The Netherlands and already 15+ years active in the development, marketing, and distribution of consumer electronics, usually under the umbrella brands of the company, Sinji, Avanca, Hombli. Additionally, we also develop dedicated private label brands for our clients. Read more >
What are your day-to-day tasks?
- In close cooperation with the Purchasing Manager, you are responsible for planning and monitoring order quantities and stock
- Creating an SKU with EAN for products, and filing these in the appropriate system
- Collecting the shipping information for products from Chinese suppliers, like gross weight, volume, quantity and colors, suppliers’ information etc.
- Arranging proper logistics and following up by tracking the shipments of samples and sellable goods to ensure that the products in question can arrive at our warehouse on time. Confirming the delivery date and informing the warehouse in advance. Notifying the relevant team if there is a delay
- Adding the ETD and ETA in our management system, and keeping these up to date
- Providing administrative assistance to the purchasing manager
What you will bring
- Affinity with commercial and logistical processes
- The ability to maintain an overview when coordinating various logistics processes
- You are a quick learner and know how to deal with numbers
- HBO level or similar international education
- Experience with Excel (a pre)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in sales, purchasing or logistics
- Administrative, organizational, and coordinating qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Written and verbal communication skills of (Mandarin) Chinese and Dutch (a pre)
What do we offer you?
- A challenging full-time job (40 hours)
- A market-based salary depended on your experience.
- An organization that is growing, constantly moving, and working towards a distinctive position in the mobile accessories market. The growth and direction currently initiated by our company can be challenging, but also offer you a chance to constantly look for new opportunities
- An open and informal working atmosphere with space for a laugh
- A beautiful office space on the tenth floor with an overview of The Hague, conveniently situated for both travel by public transport and by car
- A fun, young and talented team within an informal working environment
Who are we?
Avanca is an award-winning developer of innovative mobile lifestyle accessories. As it once started in a living room, Avanca has now grown into a major international player in the market for smartphone-, tablet- and laptop-accessories. Our efforts have been rewarded with a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award, the European Business Awards, and a position in the Financial Times Top 1000.
In 2019, we launched our smart home brand Hombli. With this brand, we are well on our way to becoming a major player in the international smart home market.
We sell to both businesses and consumers, working extensively with online and offline partners. Providing excellent support to our (end) customers is of foremost importance. Our team consists of about twenty, mainly young, hardworking colleagues. We adapt quickly, are serious when we have to be, but also like to lighten the mood with a joke or two.
Ready for the job?
Send your motivation letter and resume* to Tim at [email protected]. For more information about the position and our organization, please call +31 (0) 174 700 200.
* This job requires the applicant to have a legal work permit