Brand Manager and product owner
We are looking to expand our team with a Brand Manager and product owner who is responsible for and focusing on a coherent Hombli portfolio, in which physical, mental and social wellbeing is central.
Who are we
Avanca International is a scale up company based in The Hague, The Netherlands and already 15+ years active in the development, marketing, and distribution of consumer electronics, usually under the umbrella brands of the company, Sinji, Avanca, Hombli. Additionally, we also develop dedicated private label brands for our clients. Read more >
We are looking for a Brand Manager and Product owner with a good sense of design, who will be responsible for and focusing on a coherent Hombli portfolio, in which physical, mental and social wellbeing is central. Having the brands identity as their main focal point, and to guide the focus of the team in the right direction.
With the industry requiring new product introductions, the idea of sustainability through good functionality as a key component is the direction in which the Hombli brand is focusing.
Who are you
- Specialist/Professional and/or B.A. degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline from an accredited college/university
- Proven working experience (5-10 yrs) in Marketing, Media and PR required (either at Brand and/or agency level)
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful marketing communications and media campaigns, at both a local and (preferably) international level
- Experience in Digital advertising (Facebook, YouTube, Google ads) and social media platforms.
- Experience in acting as a company spokes-person; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills. Must be able to provide direction and support to (direct) team members and internal colleagues
- Ability to interact with both external and international PR & Media agencies, as well as internal stakeholders, at all levels and within different EU countries and cultures
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for details and structural marketing and communications planning
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment (self-initiative/self-starter)
- Full English proficiency plus at least one additional major European language (French is desirable)
- Team player, Positive energy, optimist
Responsibilities and duties
- Brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long termI
- Responsible for Hombli Product Roadmap and planning
- Developing new products in collaboration with partners in China and preparing for introduction
- Coordinating design team, aligning campaigns with marketing and sales
- Create benchmarks(including Competitor and customer insights analysis) with features, USP/UBRs and the business case
- Development of ideas and concepts based on research
- Sketching, drawing, modelling
- Test many products, for the Hombli portfolio and as a reference
- Collaboration with UX/UI design to develop well-integrated products where software and hardware are aligned
- Involved in quality assurance and compliance
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including
- Assisting with product development, new product launches, as well as developing new business opportunities
- Creating and managing promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
What you bring
- Empathy to come up with suitable solutions for many different users and use cases
- Structured and solution-oriented attitude
- Experience with JDM (joint design manufacturing) projects is a big advantage
- Good communication skills, both internally and externally
- An eye for product design
- Strategic insight with an advisory role towards other departments and management
- Awareness of technical and technological possibilities, but also of developments in the market and in society.
- Technical knowledge, insight into development processes and production processes
- Affinity with Smart Home products
What we offer you
We are an organisation that is constantly growing and evolving, always on the move and working on a distinctive position in the market. The growth and direction already initiated offer intense activity, with that also comes the opportunity to continuously look for new opportunities;
- An open and informal atmosphere with room for humour;
- A fun team of young colleagues in an environment where you can learn a lot and really develop yourself;
- A competitive package of employment conditions;
- Initial 7 months contract with opportunity for an indefinite contract;
Do you think this job is for you? Are you wanting a career in a fast paced, growing organisation with immense opportunity for growth, with a team of hard working colleagues who are always wanting to do better? Apply now with your CV and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Are you our new Brand Manager and product owner? Send your CV and motivation letter now to [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible.
There will be no response to acquisition as a result of this vacancy.